Friday 5 April 2013

Fitness Friday

And the beat keeps running, running and running, running, and running, running...

Seems me and the beat have something in common. Because I keep running, running, running too.


I'm taking part in Race for Life in May this year, so I'm building up to run the 5k (and not walk any....*gulp*)

I used to hate running. With a passion. I would do anything to get out of it. *Confession time* I once even pretended my cat had died to get out of a PE lesson I knew would involve cross country (sorry, Mr Clarke)

Anyone said the word 'run' and my stomach lurched in fear.

But last year, at the grand old age of 23, I learnt to run. 'Learn to run?!' I hear you ask 'Don't you pretty much learn that when you learn to walk?!'

Well, yes. But I mean..run run.

A friend of mine taught me all about technique, about breathing properly...and to my surprise, I really liked it.
Running, I found, is liberating. You can literally run off a bad day, run off your troubles..after a run, everything feels slightly better.

The only thing you need to make sure of, is that you've got the right shoes for the blog.

I know, I know, our ancestors used to hunt their prey barefoot. But they didn't have glass..or dog mess to deal with.

When I first started seriously running, I thought my trainers from years ago would suffice. But I was wrong. That soon ended in an ankle injury.

And I made it a #Resolution, there and then, to invest in decent footwear.

Now, I know I love shopping, but shopping for trainers...I had to schedule in a trip to Primark just to pretend sportswear wasn't the sole reason for my trip.

I ended up a very happy shopper in the end, because these were an absolute steal (...and left me more money for Primark :) )


They're the Reebok easytones. And they were supposed to be £70. But I got them for £20.

If you're in to running, I would recommend these because they have air in the sole, which makes them more 'bouncy'. At first it feels really, really weird. But now I've broken them in, I think they're great.

The closure of JJB (as it would be with any high street chain), is really sad to see. But now is a great time to pick up sports stuff because a lot of their stock has been snapped up by Sport and Soccer and it's going at a bargainous price.

Picked up any sports bargains lately? What trainers do you wear for the gym?







 

No comments:

Post a Comment